|6 mm airsoft bb weights and their usage
- 0.12 g - this class of airsoft bbs is used by some gas and spring weapons. High velocity and low stability. Not to be used in high end AEGs such as Tokyo Marui and Classic Army
- 0.15 g - this class of airsoft bbs has the same use as 0.12 g. Uncommon. Not to be used in high end AEGs such as Tokyo Marui and Classic Army
- 0.20 g - this class of airsoft bbs is the standard weight for most weapons. AEGs uses these or slightly heavier pellets.
- 0.23 g - Heavier airsoft bbs for AEGs. Blends speed of 0.20 g with range and accuracy of 0.25 g.
- 0.25 g - Heaviest weight for standard AEGs, blowback and spring guns. For some AEGs, you will usually need an upgrade to effectively fire 0.25 g (6.4 mm) BB's. Tokyo Marui standard AEG, gas, and spring weapons use 0.25 g (6.4 mm) BB's. For Tokyo Marui airsoft, they usually send 200 of these airsoft bbs with one of their AEGs and spring guns.
- 0.30 g - Standard weight for most sniper rifles. Western Arms pellets for their gas blowback pistol series. Uncommon.
- 0.36 g - Heavier pellets for sniper rifles. Very slow but have high stability.
- 0.43 g - For the highest level of upgrades in spring and gas sniper rifles. Usually graphite coated.